Plus de Paris!

IMG_2006.gif

Le Sacre-Coeur Basilica
It was incredible! Completely beautiful. We got to go up into the dome on the top as well (see next picture). However, there was no elevator. 300 steps up (I counted and there are 300, trust me), 300 steps down, probably another 300 steps up to the basilica itself, another 300 steps down from the basilica. Yeah, our legs were dead after that adventure. The stairway was unbelievably narrow too. I don't think a bigger person could have fit up that stairway.

IMG_2033.gif

Here you can see the Eiffel tower from the top of the Sacre-Coeur Dome.

100_0703.gif

"The Red Windmill" otherwise known as the Moulin Rouge was one of our stops as well...during the day. That is not a street I would walk down at night.

100_0708.gif

The Museum of Erotica was just one of the many reasons I wouldn't walk down this street at night. I saw this, turned to my mom, and said, "There's a museum for my research project". I think it would have been interesting to see if an erotica museum is accessible for those with wheelchairs, but I really REALLY don't want to see what they have an display!

IMG_2120.gif

The Montparnasse Tower. 59 floors to the top...with an elevator!

IMG_2110.gif

A view from the top. Here you can see just how messed up Parisian streets are. There are no 90 degree intersections.

This page contains a single entry by schm2010 published on July 9, 2010 10:04 AM.

Paris avec ma mere was the previous entry in this blog.

Mes derniers jours en France is the next entry in this blog.