Kaikoura

Yesterday was quite a long day on the K shuttle. I fortunately had the opportunity to whale watch and see some dolphins, seals, and albatross. Off to Christchurch today. A little bit cloudy, but quite splendid. I forgot to bring my sleeping bag here, so I thought there would be a duvet. Thank god I had my coat to use a blanket. Its really homey here and I enjoyed laying the hammock... and chatting with people. Must be off to catch the bus.

Posted by schmi369 at 11:39 AM

Kaikoura

Posted by schmi369 at 11:39 AM

Kaikoura

Posted by schmi369 at 11:39 AM

Abel Tasman

Trent, our guide, was quite a funny bloke. Fiona, otherwise known as Fi and Laura had a blast teasing about the serious kayak worker sam. We were so bad... but it was good to kayak, and get some beach, and hava e bit of sail.

Last night I went to a fabulous pub in Nelson with a brit girl from cambridge and we had a bit to eat.

I wonder if I will go to to Blenheim or not.

Posted by schmi369 at 9:27 PM

Abel Tasman

Posted by schmi369 at 9:27 PM

Abel Tasman

Posted by schmi369 at 9:27 PM

Abel Tasman

Posted by schmi369 at 9:27 PM

Abel Tasman

Posted by schmi369 at 9:27 PM

Abel Tasman

Posted by schmi369 at 9:27 PM

Relaxing in Punakaki

There is something magical about Punakaki. Even though it was raining a bit and I had already tramped the Truman trek... it was quite nice to talk and enjoy at this retreat. Today I'm taking the Atomic Shuttlle to Nelson and I plan on sea kayaking and visiting the golden bay. I'm quite looking forward to this. After that who knows? Christchurch or Wellington. I've only two more weeks and that hardly seems enough to see this lovely country. The kiwi accent is so lovely and the words are so intoxicating. IT willl be so hard for me to leave this country.

Posted by schmi369 at 1:25 PM

Punakaiki

COmpletely relaxed in the rainforest. I'm staying at the Te Niku room of the YHA hostel and breathtaking accomodations. Drinking wine with tom, claire, a niice guy from England, a Duncan a kiwi worker and watching the sunset. It was just wonderful how things are,

Lovely... fantastic

Posted by schmi369 at 3:43 PM

Jet lagged

Perhaps it was all the adrenaline activities in queenstown that I did or perhaps it was the 7 hour bus ride and lack of sleep that has caused me to be so exhausted. Franz Joseph is so beautiful... it keeps slightly misting on and off is this alpine rainforest at the foot of the glacier. I'm quite looking forward to kicking back in Punakaki for a couple of days and just being.

While I absolutely love Queenstown I had to leave---I probably blew just under a grand there. Fun, but expensive. I hope the weather cooperates and that I am well rested so that I can heli-hike. The YHA is absolutely fantastic... friendly... has a sauna and in the most beautiful setting. The hostel I stayed at while was centrally located was party central and while that is cool for a bit it can be draining when people are stumbling in drunk at 5 in the morning on a daily basis.

Posted by schmi369 at 10:37 PM