Along with first snow; hundreds of crashes

With the first significant snow fall of the year flooding Minnesota Saturday, the snow is to blame for hundreds of accidents across the state.

Kare11 reports that MnDot cameras captured numerous crashes and spinouts in the metro area shortly after the snow began falling Saturday afternoon.

"There have been close to 450 crashes statewide between noon and 8:30 p.m. including over 100 spinouts," Lt. Eric Roeske of the State Patrol said.

Twenty-five of the crashes resulted in injuries. Two of the crashes involved squad cars, and one accident was fatal.

Roeske advises motorists to allow extra time to get around, reduce speeds, increase following distances and anticipate heavy congestion.

This unpleasant statistics happens everytime the snow surprises us- I just follow a smiple tip- I leave my home for work earlier and drive carefully, not bothering that I would be late due to the climate conditions.
Removal Services