Maple Grove student burned during Science class

| No Comments

A freshman student was hospitalized Thursday after a science experiment went wrong at Maple Grove school.

Dane Neuberger, 15, and three other students were in the front row when their teacher was performing an experiment with flammable liquids.

"Finally he put methanol in a big jug and dropped a match in there," Neuberger told KSTP. "And that's the last I know. I was on fire and he was wrapping me with a fire proof blanket."

Neuberger and the three other students were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center. The other students were released for less severe burns.

Doctors say Neuberger should heal without scarring as long as the burns remain simple second degree burns.

"It's scary I wish it didn't happen," Neuberger said. "I try to avoid looking in the mirror though, I don't like what i see."

Leave a comment

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by schu1970 published on December 2, 2011 12:01 PM.

Along with first snow; hundreds of crashes was the previous entry in this blog.

Minneapolis house fire leaves 1 dead and 2 firefighters injured is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.