« Volunteering 3 | Main | Blog Prompt #4 - Free From Constraints »

Blog Prompt #3 - Millenium Development Goals

>>>Playlist<<<
1. Out of Control - Hoobastank
2. The People That We Love - Bush
3. Heard the World - O.A.R.
4. A Bad Dream - Keane
5. What I've Done - Linkin Park
6. Help! - The Beatles
7. Come Together - The Beatles
8. Sing - Beck
9. Imagine - John Lennon
10. Solutions - Bush
11. Politik - Coldplay
12. Clocks - Coldplay
13. Please Forgive Me - David Gray
14. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie
15. Meant to Live - Switchfoot

This playlist is based on a progression of environmental sustainability. It starts out with an "Out of Control" feeling that the world is spinning so fast, factories are popping up, people aren't getting fed, people don't have shelter, and the environment has been damaged. We may think that it's all just "A Bad Dream" but this is reality and we have to do something about it. Then we start coming around to realize "What I've Done" to this environment that we live in. The end of the playlist depicts the notion to speak out, do something, "Sing" and find "Solutions" to the problem we are facing today. Because in the end..."We were meant to live for so much more..."

To pick on a few of the songs above, I would like to explain in detail how they relate to my topic environmental sustainability.

The People That We Love - Bush
"The things we do to the people that we love
The way we break if there's something we can't take
Destroy the world that it took so long to make..."

**I think these lines from the song can be related to my goal. It shows that there are people out there in the world today who live in poverty - without food, shelter, water, clothes. In contrast, here we sit in America, one of the wealthiest countries in the world and with many resources, yet we cannot do this simple task of helping out people just like us across the world to at least give them clean water or food. The nations of the world need to come together to help out those other nations in need of the basic necessities of life. At the moment, it seems as though we are destroying this world that took so long for us to build up socially, politically, economically, etc.

What I've Done - Linkin Park
"So let mercy come
And wash away
What I've Done
I'll face myself
To cross out what I've become
Erase myself
And let go of what I've done"

**If you have ever seen the music video to this song, it is a powerful one. It gives the viewer a heavy sense of the negative impacts that humans have had on this Earth. Pollution and global warming, poverty, war, and so much more has devastated the world we live in. This song is about realizing and discovering what we have done. Let's start over again and try leading new and better lives. Clean up after yourself, choose environmentally friendly options, recycle, help out the poor, donate time and money, do anything to make this world a better place and restore its natural beauty.

The images below are also a progression like the playlist above. It starts out showing the negative environmental impacts and comes around with solutions to face the problems of today to live peacefully and cohesively with nature.

1. 318982699_bb175961c9.jpg

2. phpcra7DvPM.jpg

3. 399152781_b341c934ba.jpg

4. photo_gallery_montreal.jpg
Self Sustainable House

5. php46iCHePM.jpg

6. phpLtXvs3PM.jpg

1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/art_es_anna/318982699/
2. Paper Mill on Mississippi. Sartell, Minnesota. Photo by Laura Schultz.
3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/larod/399152781/
4. http://www.solardecathlon.org/homes_gallery.html
5. Photo by Laura Schultz.
6. Photo by Laura Schultz.