This week's blog is on idea selection and pitch.
I need to create a Pugh chart to compare my concepts.
My evaluative criteria are:
A. Environmental impact?
B. Can I realistically do it?
C. How unique is the idea?
D. Are there good market opportunities?
E. How big is the impact of this idea?
F. Does the idea have competitive advantages?
My ideas are:
1. A Facemask with vents over the fabric covering your mouth so you can breathe easily
and still stay warm.
2. A Facemask with a metal nose form and felt strip under the eyes so no hot air would go up and fog glasses.
3. A Facemask with Earmuffs.
4. A Facemask with a velcro mouth flap so you can eat, sneeze, or talk on the phone.
5. A Facemask with Colors, perhaps matching your school or favorite sports team.
Idea 1 (vents over the mouth) will be my benchmark.
-- 1 2 3 4 5
A S - S S S
B S S S S S
C S + + + +
D S S S S +
E S S S S +
F S S S S +
The chart shows a great deal of similarity, presumably because these are ideations of the same theme. So, I want to combine this into a Facemask with a formed nose, earmuffs and a vented mouth flap.
This is the Facewarmer!
My "elevator pitch" video: