wrap up

I haven't used a lot of it in my day to day work...YET. As I get more and more comfortable, I feel I will. There are a lot of useful Rss feeds that could be very helpful in my job. I will continue to explore. For personal use, I found the blogs and photo/video sessions to be the most useful and fun. As I said, I'm a scrapbook nut and can really get into the whole flickr thing and all!

twitter

not sure that I am getting it. How does twitter differ from, say, msn messaging? I have done that with my kids.

social networking

Our youth are so into social networking. I would think there could be a way to use it to our advantage as NEAs. Simple nutrition ideas, bullet points, snack ideas, recipe sharing...I'm not sure....but maybe!?

I checked out Google Docs where I could see putting together brief presentations for my nutrition lessons for agencies to view would be easy and a nice touch. Of course, I had to check out the picnics-scrapbook, scrapbook, scrapbook! Remember the milk would be a beneficial "list' reminder. i.e do this, do that!!

RSS

I'm finally caught up on the weekly assignments! this was interesting in that i think anyone who needed updates regularly would benefit from the feeds. Anyone needing weather updates or farm market updates could get some use from this.

wiki

I thought the Responding to Disasters would be a great site for anyone...farmers. teachers, anyone!! there was a section on school violence and on livestock disasters as well as many weather disasters. I would recomend this to anyone!

scrap'n podcast

I added a fun scrapbooking podcast to my blogline. I look forward to checking it out more. It has some great ideas for photo taking and fixing!

538663360_7fa86df58f_m.jpg

what i learned

I think the flickr site is great! I am an avid scrapbooker and this may just come in handy for me. I especially like the "things you can make" section....calendars, photo blocks...how fun!!

I here my teenagers talk about blogs...now I have my own! Wohoo! Welcome to the world of technology!!