If you're hurting for last-minute stocking-stuffer ideas, you may want to ask a friendly physician for some of his/her leftover pharma fun trinkets. For inspiration, visit the website Drug Rep Toys: The toys and trinkets with which drug companies make themselves known to physicians.
More than a year ago, the publisher of the site started posting pictures of all the Pharma handouts he or his site visitors had received.
On a brief visit, I found:
• a pill counter (helpful reminder to take each and every "me too" drug)
• a calculator (helpful when tabulating one's health premium debt)
• a laser pointer (drives your dog crazy enough that he may need an anti-psychotic)
• a reflex hammer (always wanted one of those in the home toolkit)
• a six-pack tote (for self-medication)
• calipers (for wallet biopsies)
• stress balls (not a new DSM disease entity)
No one posted any pictures of airline tickets to resort settings for a "scientific meeting." I'm shopping for a different such website - perhaps one from a "key opinion leader" who has better stuff in his/her stocking this Christmas.