Society of Professional Journalists Town Hall Forum on health journalism - videos now online

Last week's event, "Fever Pitch: Does health news reporting leave consumers out in the cold?", co-hosted by the Minnesota chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, the Minnesota News Council and the Silha Center for the Study of Media Ethics and Law, is now available for viewing online.

The full event is broken up online into three video clips. The introductions, and my talk, are in the following video:

The event offered a chance for an open dialogue about issues confronting those trying to cover health care issues. This photo shows me locking in on a point made by Jeremy Olson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press while Dave Hage of the Star Tribune listens.

3498817804_b9f73d4257.jpg

Terrific video, Gary.

Sorry I couldn't make it in person, but this video does a very good job of laying out our collective problems in this area.

Bill Gleason

This page contains a single entry by Gary Schwitzer published on May 8, 2009 10:40 AM.

TV networks ignore health story costs and evidence was the previous entry in this blog.

My interview on the Local TV Now podcast is the next entry in this blog.

Wikio - Top of the Blogs - Health

Add to Technorati Favorites