Dietitian slams TIME and ABC's GMA for nutrition misinformation

Registered dietitian Rebecca Scritchfield blogs about "The Price of Misinformation in the Media."

She writes:

Bottom line: ANYONE can call themselves a nutritionist. You can. Your grandma can. President Obama can.

When a person calls themselves a nutritionist with no formal or accredited training and spreads misinformation on television, everybody loses.

She also gives a nice plug to our HealthNewsReview.org project.

I'm glad to know that registered dietitians are setting the record straight about the difference between registered dietitians (RD) and nutritionists. As a dietitian myself I cringed watching her segment on GMA. Hopefully, this will help lessen the spreading of misinformaiton.

This page contains a single entry by Gary Schwitzer published on August 16, 2009 1:06 PM.

So health care reform news now accepts anonymous single-source allegations & unsigned untraceable memoes as gospel? was the previous entry in this blog.

Journal-Sentinel hunts ghosts, Badgers and health care conflicts of interest is the next entry in this blog.

Wikio - Top of the Blogs - Health

Add to Technorati Favorites