Medblogging and e-health tidbits

I'm very pleased to have some of my blog postings now appear on the MedPageToday blog site. First one appeared there today. It's good to appear on the same blog page as Dr. Val, Dr. Wes, Dr. Rob and KevinMD - all of whom I just spent time with at the Las Vegas BlogWorld/New Media Expo.

I also appreciate another plug from e-patient Dave - in an article about a Marcia Angell quote he read:

"It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine."

Dave then referred readers to HealthNewsReview.org to help them "wise up" about evaluating evidence and claims in health care.

Glad that we're literally on the same page now. :)

It wasn't just a plug, of course - this is a teaching exercise. As people (in all parts of the ecosystem - clinicians as well as patients and policy people) learn how to be participatory, wising up about health information (and especially research) is vital.

Sad to say, Gary, it ain't just your charming personality :–) – you're actually doing important work here!

This page contains a single entry by Gary Schwitzer published on October 16, 2009 10:26 AM.

Raising chickens and grading health care news was the previous entry in this blog.

Texas: "a fiscally vibrant state that chooses to spend less than others on basic health care" is the next entry in this blog.

Wikio - Top of the Blogs - Health

Add to Technorati Favorites