Doc starts Facebook petition to end Coke deal with American Academy of Family Physicians

Last month we alerted you to news that the American Academy of Family Physicians had a six-figure deal with Coke to "develop consumer education content on beverages and sweeteners for its consumer-oriented website, FamilyDoctor.org."

Well, that deal doesn't sit well with all docs. One has started a Facebook petition to end the deal. His stated mission:

Coca Cola does not deserve to be in a partnership with family medicine, when their marketing and business practices promote obesity in our patients. I want my Academy to end this agreement.

As I'm sure you recall:

Our former medical school Dean, Deborah Powell, was on the Board of Directors of Pepsi...

Feeble attempts to explain included claims about making a difference and learning about succession.

Sad.

This page contains a single entry by Gary Schwitzer published on November 3, 2009 7:48 AM.

Amgen, Aranesp, and anemia patients get the bad news was the previous entry in this blog.

What can we learn from Australia's medical industry disclosure regulations? is the next entry in this blog.

Wikio - Top of the Blogs - Health

Add to Technorati Favorites