Grant Writing for Interdisciplinary Research - Developing Successful Proposals 4/30
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Time: 3:00-5:00 PM
Location: Twin Cities: A.I. Johnson Great Room, McNamara Alumni Center
This workshop will discuss the unique issues and concerns in preparing proposals within interdisciplinary contexts. Through facilitated discussion and drawing upon the expertise of faculty panelists, this workshop will address:
* How can proposal conceptualizations be expanded to include the potential intellectual contributions that diverse disciplines offer?
* How can complementary expertise outside your discipline be identified and located?
* What is unique about writing interdisciplinary proposals?
* What are the characteristics of a successful interdisciplinary proposal?
* What are the pros and cons of alternative strategies for writing interdisciplinary proposals?
* How can disciplinary differences in language, methodology, and writing styles be addressed to communicate in a single voice?
FFI and registration visit the webpage.