IT Printing On First Floor

I just had a patron wondering if there was anywhere in Walter Library that IT students could print for free...I knew there weren't any locations on the second floor, so I directed student down to the big lab on floor one.

He returned to say that he was able to print for free in the portion of that lab that is reserved for IT students.

Talking with the circulation staff member I was told another patron had recently come up asking the same question. I figured that since I didn't know, others might not as well.

Just FYI.

Walter SMART URL

Here is a link the Walter SMART Learning Commons website. It includes the hours it is currently being staffed (it will be open the same hours as the library):

http://lib.umn.edu/smart/walter/

This link has also been added it to the left hand navigational links on Sciweb.

24 hour study at Walter

I just got the full scoop on the 24hr study space availability from Amy Lewis, and I'm relaying it in case questions come up at the desk.

--The 2nd Floor Great Hall study area will be open 24hrs starting 12/12 until 9PM on 12/20.

--Patrons will not be able to access the stacks or receive any type of circulation assistance after 12mid. Circulation Services will resume again the following morning at 8:00 AM.

--There will be a security monitor posted at the 2nd Floor Circulation Desk monitoring the gates.

--The Basement entrance/exit will be closed.