Wrap Up

First I want to thank you for developing the Extension 2.0 Course. I enjoyed every piece of it. It was so good to take a few minutes to go through and learn and get hands on time with all of the technology that is out there! I'm looking forward to being able to spend some additional time working with videos and being able to upload to our NMSDP website.

I was surprised at how fast you can get out of touch with technology. You really need to dedicate time to keeping current.

I would be thrilled to participate in any future enrichment courses you may put together!

Thanks again it was great.

Web Conferencing

I have attended several meetings held this way but took the time to create a meeting to get more familiar. I see this becoming more and more popular for holding program planning meetings to help reduce the amount of travel educators do. Very user friendly and functional.

Communication

I have used IM in the past and use text messaging on cell phone more often now. I created an account on Twitter and will spend some more time getting familiar with the site and options. The article on educational uses was very interesting.

Social Networking

Being support staff I don't really see a use for social networking in my position. The article and interview raised a great point about kids networking and gathering feedback for future college choices. This is a suggestion I will raise with my 18 year old!

Productivity Tools

I have used GoogleDocs with a group of authors preparing a book for a publisher. It was very useful for parties in several locations and knowing what was posted was latest and greatest.

We have found a problem with UMCal in that when people schedule an all day event that doesn't show up in scheduler because it doesn't have a start and end time. We have had several coworkers with double meetings because people couldn't see all day events so it appeared their schedule was empty.

Doodle is another useful tool for meeting scheduling with contacts outside the University system.

Created a Ta-Da account and created a To Do List.

I watched the Demo of Zoho and that looks like an interesting site which may come in handy with more organizations converting to MS Office 2007 while we are staying with 2003. I have run into people saying the formating is bad when they open my docs created in 03 with 07. This would eliminate that problem.

Wikis

These courses are making me aware of so many other resources we have available to us but I wasn't aware they existed. I've used Wikipedia but never edited before, now I just might try it!

I like the idea of using it for office procedures and tips and tricks.

Podcasts

Found some on cooking that were interesting and a bunch on a health topic that I'm interested in. I look forward to doing more research and adding some automatic feeds.

Images & Video

I have pulled pictures from Flickr before but have not posted any. I will give that a try. I am excited to look into the MediaMill option as I have a video that was made for the Northeast Minnesota Sustainable Development Partnership (NMSDP) which is part of the University and I need to get it posted to our website. I'm hoping this will be an in-house solution to get this done.

RSS Aggregator

I haven't used RSS before so I set this up on my Google account. It was easy to set up and I'll have a better feel for it after using it for a few days. I added a Craig's list feed also.

My very first blog! I'm excited to go through the list of courses. I haven't spent any time reading blogs but will do more research on it now.