Final Project :: Explanation + Concept

For my final project, I have decided to do another Photoshop animation. In this animation I will be using images that I have created in Illustrator and importing them into Photoshop so I can animate them.

Concept :

After listening to the radio and hearing Owl City "Fireflies", I decided that I wanted to animation with fireflies. But I also wanted to make animation where there is a little bit of a story to it. I didn't want to use straight, realistic fireflies and wanted to change them a little. To change them, I thought of using light bulbs for the bugs "butts". Instead of being called fireflies, they are called light bulb bugs.

Story:
There are some light bulb bugs that are just flying around in a field of poppies. One of the bugs comes along and his "butt" goes out. The bug is sad that his "butt" has just gone out, but there is one bug that comes in carrying another bulb for the bug to change into that works. After that is all said and done, the bug is happy again and goes flying off.

To make things even a little more interesting and after the suggestion from my professor, I thought that this animation would also be good to talk shortly about being eco-friendly. So instead of the replacement bulb being a regular bulb, it is now an eco-friendly bulb.

This page contains a single entry by sell0237 published on December 22, 2009 4:14 AM.

Lesson Plan 2 :: Claymation :: A form of Animation was the previous entry in this blog.

Final Project :: Sketches + Storyboard is the next entry in this blog.