Mardi Gras

So this trip has been amazing from day one! I have seen so many random and crazy things since arriving in Australia 2 weeks ago!
We got into Cairns two mondays ago and I've been on the go ever since. In that first week, I took a tour of a rainforest, played a digeredo, threw a boomarang, held a python around my neck, took a picture with a koala bear, went snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, and met some great friends! This place is so unbelievably beautful! There are so many different types of trees, insects, and birds all around.
On one of our day trips we went on a tour of the outback and while going on a boat ride around this lake, we saw a red-bellied black snake which is one of the world's most deadly snakes. It was really neat to see that from the safety of the boat! :)
We arrived in Wollongong this past Saturday and it has been great getting to know new people and see Wollongong at it's finest. Let me just say...the beaches are too die for! They are picture perfect! They have this man made pool built right next the ocean so it's nice to take underwater pictures there and not have the waves rock your world every time you go underwater!
Yesterday a group of us headed down to Sydney for Mardi Gras. We got a tour of the city during the day and it was unbelievable!! We walked around the Opera House and the botanical gardens and they were beautiful! We took a ferry ride around the harbour and saw all the different angles of the city. It was truly breathtaking! During the evening...the city was crazy. There were so many people jam-packed together watching the parade and drinking! Let's just say it was a madhouse downtown sydney. We decided to stay out all night and take the early train back to Wollongong which is an hour and a half away. While we waited we just sat on Sydney's Darling harbour. It was probably one of the coolest views I have ever seen!
Sorry it has taken me a bit to put up this blog...I am trying to figure out all the little things I need to before classes start on Monday too!