Introduction - Madisyn Hilborn

Hi everyone! My name is Madisyn Hilborn and I am a senior with a Comm Studies major. I tend to be shy in the beginning but that won't last long. I am really looking forward to this class and getting to know all of you. So, to break the ice, here's a little about me.

Best thing I've ever done? Hands down that would be when I completed a triathlon my senior year of high school. It was the most physically, mentally and emotionally challenging thing I have ever done but was also the most rewarding.

My dad works for a classic rock radio station, so I grew up with a music taste that was a little different than those around me. I mean, you don't really hear many fifth graders say their favorite band is Led Zeppelin, but that was me. My music taste has grown since then and is very broad but music continues to be my safe haven when everything around me is chaos.

Like my music taste, some of my favorite films are from before my time. One of my favorite films is a film adaptation of Harper Lee's novel To Kill a Mockingbird. The performances by Gregory Peck as Atticus and Mary Badham as Scout are incredible in my eyes. I could go on and on about how wonderful the novel and film are but I'm pretty sure most of you have experienced it. I wish this clip included when Scout talks to Boo on the porch and walks him home, but this scene leading up to it...well I love it.