Prompt #2 Light & Lighting: Lindsey

breathe12.jpg

Like Allyson, I also share a strong passion for the 90's, this 'still' just happens to be from the "real" story of Cinderella. Ever After came out in 1998 and it's one of my favorite takes on the classic fairy tale. After the sudden death of her loving father, Danielle is made a servant by her new stepmother. Along with a stepmother, Danielle also inherits two step sisters, one is actually pretty nice to her while the other is extremely mean. Despite Danielle's hard upbringing, she grows up to be a happy and strong-willed young lady, none of this 'wait around for the prince to rescue me' nonsense. She wins the prince with her passion, outspoken nature, and the fact that she doesn't take crap from anyone. She makes her dreams come true instead of waiting around for them to happen. This image is from the scene where she walks into the 'ball' and everyone turns to look at her. I think it was important to have her look angelic, given her gorgeous costume and it's one of those moments in the movie where when she walks in, it's suppose to take everyone's breath away. I think fill lights were used all around her to soften the lighting so no shadows or sharp lines were to appear across her face or body. I think that back lighting was also extremely important in this scene because giving the image of her wings glowing helped in creating the 'angelic' 'take your breath away' vibe they were going for.