Prompt #8 Motion - Lindsey

Ok, so I'm 'a day late and a dollar short' on this posting but I just had to comment! After watching friends (yet again, seriously I have no life) I got a glimpse into one of the most iconic forms of motion from an old TV series that Joey and Chandler were watching.
I seriously don't know how I didn't think about it before but it will definitely be an 'ah ha' moment for most...
BAYWATCH!!!
For those who don't know what Baywatch is, it's a TV series of the 90's about the Los Angeles County Lifeguards who patrol the beaches in California. The series I'm sure had a more complex plot but most people tuned-in to watch the sexy cast (like Pamela Anderson and Yasmine Bleeth) run in slow motion in tight bathing suits.
The first link is the episode of friends I was watching when the infamous Baywatch came on and made me think of this blog post and the second video is the actual Baywatch introduction.
Baywatch is primarily primary motion, on screen movement of the talent, but secondary motion is also evident, especially panning.

http://youtu.be/MgBg77Bv0Zw

I think this is the classic use of slow motion on the beach. It is such a perfect use of slow motion and everybody thinks of it. It is such the classic lifeguard running towards the camera. It is definitely a funny and also fitting use of slow motion.

I agree with Joey in regards to slow motion. I think this may be one of the most corniest shows of all-time, but the show made the slow motion beach running famous. Without Baywatch, the sexy slow-motion beach panning would never be as cool/corny as it is now. Great example!

I remember when this show was in its prime. Everyone used to always talk about the slow motions scenes, especially of Pamela Anderson, but not so much for how corny they were, but how awesome they thought they were. Especially, late night comedians like Conan O’brian. It wasn’t until it was done a million times that people began realizing how lame it actually was and began making fun of it. Looking back on it, the show was definitely corny, but it was revolutionary for its time.