Introduction

Hey everyone, my name is Molly Mangan. I am from Madison Wisconsin. Cheerleading has always been a huge part of my life. I started when I was in 3rd grade all the way up to my Sophomore year at the University of Minnesota where I was on the national All girl team. My dream in life is to be a sports broadcaster and interact with everyone behind the scenes. Traveling has also been a huge part of my life. With my family, I have traveled to Spain, China, Thailand and many other places. Over break I visited my friend who goes to school in New York City.

I was drawn to the media production course because it was a focus elective for Sports Management which is my major. I thought it was perfect for me since sports broadcasting is a career I have in mind.

The clip that I decided to share was Herb Brooks speech delivered by Kurt Russel from the movie Miracle. I get inspired everytime I watch it and I always listened to it before competitions or just to get pumped up. It's also pretty cool that the USA teams roster had a ton of gophers on it, including St. Pauls own Herb Brooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmyoMe4iHM