Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Kelsey Deimel and I am from Waukesha, Wisconsin. I absolutely love to travel and experience different cultures. When I was younger I was involved in a group called People to People, which was one of the best experiences I had as a kid. With them I had the opportunity to travel to Australia, England and France. One of my favorite experiences in Australia was getting to watch the Aborigines dance to the didgeridoo and learning how to throw a boomerang correctly.

I was drawn to the Media Production course because I am a Communications Major and thought that this course would be a difficult yet interesting class. I loved to create music videos with my friends in high school and I believe this class will help me further my hobby by developing better production skills and techniques. The only experience I have with professional equipment is with the lighting and sound controls in my old high school theatre. This class can therefore teach me how to use different professional equipment and broaden my knowledge of media production.

A clip I would like to share with all of you is a trailer of the recently released movie of Les Miserables. I loved this movie's artistic vision and it was so interesting to see how different the director's ideas were, especially compared to the other live musicals I have seen of Les Miserables. The actors and actresses did amazing and it exceeded my expectations, which were very high because it has been my favorite musical since the third grade. I highly recommend seeing this movie, but I will warn you that it is entirely in song and is very depressing.

This movie contains a lot opera which is amazing. This music goes well with the plot. it reminds of the Disneyland show which is very amazing too. I admire your experience of the music tech in high school, that is very cool! You have a lot of interesting experiences, I will pay attention to you.