#depth

For the blog post for #depth I decided to use a scene from my favorite movie, Monsters Inc. In this scene you see Mike Wazowski walking into the scream factory. There is a lot of linear perspective used to make this animated factory look really big. There are a lot of parallel lines used to make it look long. Even the shadow coming in through the window creates parallel lines making it look very long. The doors get smaller down the way to create a deep perspective. The use of overlapping plane principle is used to. This is when an object is partially covered by objects but the objects are used to create depth on the same plane. The different work stations are placed one in front of the other to help create a deep perspective to the vanishing point at the end of the factory. 33.jpg

I think this is a great still as an example for depth, and Monsters Inc. is also one of my favorite movies as well. What I think actually helps create the effect that the “scream floor” is enormous is the horizontal lines that you can see along the walls. Combined with the overlapping plane and the relative size of the monsters at the other end of the floor, this creates a very realistic shot.

This is an excellent example of depth and how it is used to show the space and how big the factory is. It was able to show how long it was because of the amount of vertical lines that are show on both sides of the room. Starting off with bigger pieces when he walks in, then not being able to see them as well all the way down the factory is a great way to show depth.

I think this is a good example to illustrate the depth. It really gives me a visual feeling that the pathway is super long and deep. The linear perspectives create the huge space. The nearest pillars to the green man is the biggest, and those pillars becomes smaller and smaller toward the extension. The farthest pillars are even overlapping to create the space of 3D feeling, which make the visual picture more deep in depth.

Honestly, the depth of this picture can let audience feel how large the factory it is. Also, all of the machines and people are line up orderly. This can guide audience's eye to the deepest part. Also, it can imply something about the deepest part. For example, it can indicate the main character is going to walk towards the deepest part.

This is a great example of depth. It makes the "scare floor" seem very large. It also helps later in the scene when the doors are flying by. It makes the shot wide and tall which really creates the depth. The shadowing also helps to make the room appear larger. It also helps that the door and people get smaller the farther back it goes.

This scene is brilliantly designed to emphasis the depth of the floor. Through the shadows of the window lined with breaks that help segregate and build depth. Not only are there window shadows, but the columns and machines on the wall display a seemingly "forever" long stretch. There are also many horizontal lines on both sides of the image that help perpetuate the elongated feel.