Introductions

Hello everyone, my name is Aimee! I am a Junior grade-wise at the U, but this is my first year here. My major is Communication Studies, and I am particularly interested in all things media-related. Growing up it was always a dream of mine to be involved with making movies and I would "film" really really awful ones with my friends just for fun. I don't know if I want to pursue this dream all the way or if I want to take a slightly different direction with my life, but I'm excited for this class nevertheless. All of last year I took off of school and instead served with an organization putting on retreats over the country. It was there that I was the drama leader for my team and lead skits and practices. I would say that overall this was one of the best experiences of my life.

The above scene is from one of my favorite shows, Friends. I chose this one in particular to share because it was not aired on tv as it was supposed to. As it explains, it was supposed to air right after 9/11 and jokes about airport security. What impresses me (besides the fact that it's funny and I love the show) is that they were able to film other scenes for the episode that aired and you can't tell that it was done so last minute. It shows me the excitement and craziness that can be involved in any sort of production.