Introductions

Hi, my name is Krysta. This is my second year at the University of Minnesota. I am majoring in Communication Studies and Human Resources Development with a Management minor. I am currently an HR Intern at University Dining Services/ARAMARK. In high school, I was the producer of a television show in Bloomington called YRU-Up. This was a live, late night call in show with sketch comedy segments and live musical guests. This production was extremely challenging, hard work, but it was extremely rewarding and fun. I took this class because I haven't had a chance to work on any productions since I left high school, and I really miss it. I'm hoping that I can learn some new skills that I didn't have the resources to learn in high school and have a ton of fun working on these projects.

On a side note, I spent my winter break touring Israel. I had an incredible time there seeing all of the amazing, historical sites. I floated in the dead sea (the world's lowest point and also the saltiest body of water), climbed Masada, visited the Old City of Jerusalem, and hung out in Tel Aviv. It was incredible.

My favorite medium is television. I have too short of an attention span for a lot of movies, so TV is perfect for me. My favorite show is Parks and Recreation. I love the optimism of this show and how well each character is developed. They have made every single character absolutely needed by perfecting the character dynamics in the show. The relationships they've developed are stunning and they play off of each other so well. The clip I chose is called "Treat Yo Self" and it is my favorite scene in Parks and Recreation. It's lighthearted, funny, and indulgent. My favorite part, however, is the relationship that Donna and Tom have and how it's showcased in this clip.

Watch it here.