Weird Al Yankovic - Eat It

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but I do listen to a lot of music and the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a parody is any kind of music from Weird Al Yankovic. The song I chose by him is called "Eat It", which is a parody of Michael Jackson's famous song "Beat It". A little background on Weird Al in case people haven't heard of him, is that he is famous for his singing-songwriting as a satirists and parodist. He usually takes songs in the pop culture and then makes parodies of them. Another song he is famous for is Amish Paradise, which is a parody of Gangsta's Paradise. "Eat It" uses the same background music as the original, Beat It and also follows the same kind of verse. When looking at the video, it is similar to Beat It because they use the same kind of locations in the video, which include alley ways, the cafeteria, and the a sewer to. Along with location, the lighting is also similar. Then lastly, the clothes in both the videos are almost identical, especially the iconic red leather jacket.

Here is Eat It by Weird Al:

And if anyone wants to compare, here is Beat It by Michael Jackson:

I love Michael Jackson and think this is a great parody. I agree; I love how he tried to keep to same scene locations and how he even still has the red jacket on. I like how the lyrics are so ridiculous but he kept the intense mode the whole time. I have never seen this before but it is a funny spin off of such a classic song. Funny choice!

I definitely agree that this classifies as parody. I think the funniest part of the Weird Al parody is how little the dramatic video makes sense with the words he's singing. He tried to emulate almost exactly what the video looked like, but with ridiculous words. Whereas beat it is about street life and the dramatic trials, Weird Al's is about not wasting food.