Final Post...

Well friends, it's been fun. I suppose now that we're at the end of this class, we should look back at the things we've done and compare them to where we are now. The first thing that comes to my mind is the use of gels. It seemed as though, at the start of the semester, we were using them simply because they were available and they looked cool instead of actually having an intended purpose for them, as we did later in the semester. That being said it also seemed like the lighting designs as a whole improved from beginning to end; at the beginning you could barely see anyone whereas at the end, everyone was adequately lit and not covered in shadow like a poorly done horror film. In addition, it seemed as though we all worked better as the semester moved on. I don't know what it was, but it seemed like every thing improved as the semester went on. The switcher effects were better used and done on time, sound was better incorporated into the scenes and the blocking became more intricate. But somehow, every time something was changed, we always rose to the challenge.

For anyone coming into the class next year, I would simply say, let things be and have fun with it. That's the only way to do well in the class, by simply having fun with the projects and the class

It has been a pleasure working with you all, and I wish you the best.