Leads: Law schools check Facebook for admissions

The lead for this story from the Minnesota Daily really pulled me in because it is relevant to me, an aspiring law school student.

The lead talked about law school admission officers themselves recommending law schools applicants to be careful of what they post about themselves on Facebook.

The lead only said that applicants should be careful about their online activity but it did not explain why. Furthermore, it specifically mentioned about "law school admission officers" so that the story can attract possible law school applicants and people who are considering higher education.

After the lead, the second paragraph then explained it was a Kaplan Test prep survey that showed that law school admission officers are 20% more likely to check on applicants' online activity than undergraduate college admission officers.

The lead in this example was successful in invoking curiosity from me as the reader, which led me to read on to find out the details.