« Last week!!! | Main | Confirming final schedule changes »

Posting your final podcasts

We'll go over this in class this week, but here's what needs to happen with your final commentary podcasts. I'm assuming you've already saved them as an MP3 (instructions on that were posted last week). Try to choose a unique title for that MP3--like something that includes your name. We don't want two podcasts with the same file name.

To post these podcasts, you'll need to access the University's blogging system. You can do this by going to the following address:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu

On this screen, click on "Log-in to UThink" on the yellow toolbar on the left hand side of the screen. Enter your x.500 in the login screen. You should see "Pass the Peace" listed as a blog you have access to. Click on that blog title.

On the next screen, click on "Upload file" on the toolbar running down the left hand side. Then click on browse and select your MP3 file. Click on "Upload". It may take awhile to upload depending on your connection speed. You want to choose "Create a new entry using this uploaded file" and then click on "Link."

You're now back to main blog page. Give your podcast post a suitable title in the "Title" window. If you want to enter a short description, such as "An interview with John Doe, a professor who...", find the "Download file" text in the "Entry Body" window and type your description there instead. Then click on "Save" at the very bottom of the screen.

That's it--you can click on "View Site" to make sure your podcast has been posted. For these projects, I'm also requiring you to turn in your script with citations and the project reflection. I'll talk about how to do that in class.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with this process.