RSS really simple?

I love the idea of RSS...it makes so much sense! Yet when I went to Bloglines, it kept giving me error messages, saying that the "database" was experiencing problems or something to that effect, and ultimately I can't really tell if I successfully subscribed or not. How will I know? If I start receiving emails about it, or what exactly happens?

In terms of uses: I was thinking that, especially with the youth groups I am working with, they could subscribe to a central Urban 4-H blog, for example. They are working on shared projects right now, and it might be a way to get an alert when someone else has posted something to look at/react to.

Thinking about Urban 4-H and blogging...

I am very grateful for the chance to take this course because I have found myself realizing how critical technology is in terms of the context of youth today (duh, no surprise there!) and how limited my effectiveness could be by my own luddite tendencies. It is one thing if in my own life, I don't want to have an iPod or use social networking sites or whatever, but now that I am in this position, it takes on a whole new level of importance.

I am really excited about the possiblities that are already starting to occur to me! For example, I am thinking that it would be great to create a blog for the delegation of youth who just went to Citizenship Washington Focus in DC--they could post pictures (which we already have on Snapfish, too) and their reflections about the experience. In addition, as they work on their action plan, they could coordinate and share ideas through the blog.

In the future, as new groups develop, it could be an exciting way for all of them to connect together, through a blog. This is exciting!

new technological adventure

This is officially my first foray into blogging--we will see what doors this opens in terms of working with youth through Urban 4-H! I figure it is high time for me to enter the...uh...1990s? :)