Ground Rules (Netiquette)
Ground Rules Suggested by Prior Students
• Respect others' opinions; exercise toleration.
• No anger or malice if disagreeing.
• Learn peoples' names.
• Use non-judgmental language.
• Don't take things personally.
• Respond and let them know if someone unintentionally offends you.
• Use memories as well as intellect.
• Don’t proselytize or preach.
• Don’t use the class as an opportunity for personal therapy.
Instructor-Generated Ground Rules
• Be prepared (with reading completed, journal up to date) so you can contribute to group learning, via discussion or blog.
• Respect differences.
• Ground our positions in "I" statements.
• Celebrate our own heritages, and study, understand and respect the heritage and traditions of others.
• Use language that is respectful of all people.