Week #9 Reading Reflection Assignment
After reading the assigned articles and reflecting on the reading discussion questions (to guide your critical reading), write the Reading Reflection responding to the following prompts. Due date for full credit: March 19. Final "grace period" due date for one point down: March 26.
• Referring to specific articles, how do these writers see religion/spirituality connecting with personal and social transformation?
• What social/political issues are these writers concerned with?
• What are the spiritual tools or approaches these writers suggest using in addressing personal and social transformation?
• From your experience, what are some of the reasons that women (and men) don’t connect spirituality in their efforts to improve or transform society, or remain in the status quo, even if they have problems with it?
• Are there points that these writers raise that you really resonate with? If so, why?
• Are there problems that you see with mixing religion or spirituality with political or social change activism (especially in view of the tradition in the United States of separating church and state)?