Week #13 Reading Reflection Assignment
Reading Reflection Assignment for Week #13: Religious Imagination of American Women, p. 86-149. Please use the discussion questions below AS YOU READ to focus your critical attention and to prepare for this assignment.
-- Please note extension of deadline to post this assignment for full points:
-- Due for full points by Sunday, April 19; due for "grace period" reduction of points (no change), Thursday, April 23.
• What were some of the examples in this chapter about “Revelatory Power of the Ordinary” that particularly struck you, that made you think about what is sacred and what is “mundane” (originally “of the world”) in new ways?
• After reading these articles on the revelatory power of the ordinary, what examples from the reading caused you to rethink features of your own experience?
• How do these articles build on the understanding of the divine as “immanent,” which was discussed in earlier for last week?
• If people took these ideas seriously, how might these ideas change their lives or their actions?
• In responding to the chapter on “The Challenges of Relationality,” how can these ideas change how we think of “sin” or make decisions about ethical behavior?
• What are some ways that women can find connections across different communities?