Favorite TV show

Alright, I love to watch television. Now that I am living in a dorm, I have a TV but I don't have cable. This year I have learned to appreciatate the television and not take it for granted. I have MANY favorite tv shows, but one really stands out. My favorite television show has got to be King of the Hill. I love this show because I love redneck humor. All of the characters are so frickin funny, especially Bobby Hill. I love the plots of the show and the morals that you find out at the end of the show. It's just great. In chapter 9, the word arbitrary is used. I am relating this show to the word arbitrary. The definition of this word is that ti's based on individual preference and therefore easy to change. This show is not arbitrary because if it were to change it's humor and or characters, the show would not be what it is. It is humor of the southerners that takes place Texas. If anything were to change, it would suck.

what is it, (2) why do you like it, (3) use a
concept or idea from the textbook to help explain your answer

Posted by sher0368 at 10:26 AM

38th station.jpg

Posted by sher0368 at 2:04 PM

Essay #2

Before I rode the Hi, I really didn't know what to expect. I was wondering if the Hi is clean and not dirty with all this gum and garbage on the floor. I was curious whether the seats were comfortable. I was hoping that the seats would have a little cusion. I was also expecting it to smell funky. After I rode the Hi, I was very impressed. It was a very smooth ride. On the Hi, there was a diverse group of people riding it and none of them seemed creepy (haha!). The smell was fine which I was happy about because otherwise I would have felt sick to my stomach. I like the yellow and blue colors of the Hi because they stand out and are very vibrant. When I rode the Hi for the last assingment, I got off at the 38th Street Station. I thought the design and layout of the station was really cool. Due to the design of the roof and glass, I would infer that those things symbolize that neighborhood's creative and artsy side. The glass inside the station has designs on it in black. It sort of reminds me of stainglass windows but without the color. The roof inside the station is very cool. It's arcitecture is very urban like.

Posted by sher0368 at 1:56 PM

View image

Continue reading ""
Posted by sher0368 at 2:11 PM

The first time I rode the lightrail was this year. I had just moved into my dorm that day and my dad told me he was taking me out to dinner and then a surprise afterwards. We ate downtown at a cool restaurant. After that, he took me on the lightrail and we went to the metrodome to see the football game. I remember standing on the boarding platform, I thought it was really cool and I felt like I was going on trip on a train or something. When I first saw the lightrail, I thought of how the yellow color catches the eye. When I first stepped on the lightrail, I was expecting a gross smell but it actually smelled alright. I was reminded of when I rode on something like a lightrail at an airport in Florida.
For this assignment, I rode the lightrail and got off at the 38th station. I thought it was really cool, especially the roof inside. It's got a really artsy look to it. I believe that this station has synecdoche. I think that this station reflects the location area because that area is urban and crafty.

Posted by sher0368 at 2:08 PM

Yellow Arrow

If I could put a yellow arrow anywhere, I would put it it on a tree. This specific tree is located at Cedar Lake Beach. It is right off of Lake of the Isles and actually used to be a nudist beach because it is kind of hidden. The arrow would be pointing at a specific area where me and my friends always hung out. If we couldn't find anything to do, which I guess was often, we would go to Cedar Lake Beach and hang out. There usually isn't many people there, so it's nice to have a little privacy. My friend and I have alot of memories from there that I don't think I'll ever forget. That is where I would put my yellow arrow.

Posted by sher0368 at 6:02 PM