Welcome & Introduction

Chika Shinohara is Associate Professor at the Department of Sociology, Momoyama Gakuin University (St. Andrew's University) in Osaka, JAPAN. Growing legal consciousness in globalizing society is her research interest. She has started new research projects on health and gender issues in globalization, specifically investigating 1) dieting and weight loss and 2) health care workers from Southeast Asia to Japan. The care worker project is funded by the Center of Social Welfare Promotion and National Examination and Japan Center for the Economic Research. Her book chapter, "Gender and the Great War: Tsuda Umeko's Role in Institutionalizing Women's Education in Japan" in The Decade of the Great War: Japan and the Wider World in the 1910s, edited by Minohara, Dawley, and Hon (Brill, 2014), is coming out this year. And a book review on Love Sick Japan has been published in Law & Society Review (2013).  As a member of the Japan Sociological Society (JSS), she is working for the Local Organizing Committee of the 2014 World Congress of the International Sociological Association (ISA) in Yokohama, JAPAN.

May 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Bio プロフィール

Chika Shinohara is a sociologist in Osaka, JAPAN.

篠原千佳は社会学者です。

Contact & More 連絡先
My Homepage
My MomoGaku Page
My UMN Page