We have started SOCUP workshops at the Department of Sociology, University of Minnesota in 2003 with the hope that we create a warm space for graduate students to discuss their research issues and challenges, learn and help each others' research, and create academic & friendly networks.
SOCUP workshops can help graduate students, who study cultural and political issues, develop research at any level, such as
1) brainstorming your research topics and questions,
2) writing your research proposals,
3) planning your data analyses and research methods,
4) practicing your conference presentations, or
5) revising your paper for journal submissions
SOCUP encourages interdisciplinary research projects and networking.Posted by shin0104 at January 28, 2005 7:34 PM