« Control Groups: | Main | Looking for non unicode characters in AgEcon metadata »

Memory Leak in DSPACE

There is a memory leak in DSAPCE.
I have tried:
1) Making a more strict robots.txt file:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /browse-subject
Disallow: /browse-author
Disallow: /browse-title
Disallow: /browse-date
Disallow: /suggest
Disallow: /*/browse-subject
Disallow: /*/browse-author
Disallow: /*/browse-title
Disallow: /*/browse-date
Disallow: /image
Disallow: /feed
Disallow: /password-login
Disallow: /advanced-search

This change (especially the Disallow: /feed ) seems to have reduced cpu load, but the leak is still there.
2) A user group suggested shutting off the string cache. I tried this but it did not seem to help. 3) Also a site suggests that there is memory leak in tomcat 5.x. The site suggests that I upgrade to tomcat 6.x I haven't done this yet. 4) I will need to look in detail at output from hmap to determine where the trouble is. It is likely within the dspace app.

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)