Creative Experimentation

Cookies are always seen as bad or empty calories. They are also associated with not exercising. I wanted to create a healthy cookie that would be catered to people that exercise frequently. I based my cookie creation on healthy calories and choices that someone would want to have after a workout. I substituted traditional fats and sweeteners for items like almond butter and stevia.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Recipe (3rd try):
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 cup stevia
1/2 cup crushed almonds
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 splash of apple juice
1/2 apple chopped
3

First try:
Used almond milk, not enough flour, and no greek yogurt. Batter resembled muffin mix. Made muffins with the batter instead.

Second try:
Started with the flour. Mixed too much almond milk and cinnamon. Mix became too hard to mold into balls. Taste tested and was bitter. Scrapped batch.

First, I rather like your pictures. I am a bit confused about the random "3" hanging out at the end of the recipe. Almond butter is also fabulous. In going with your theme might you want to increase the protein to carb ration? I liked your cookies today!

Hi Pete,

I liked your inspiration for your cookie! However, I think it would have been beneficial if we were able to see more of your ideation process and how you selected the specific ingredients that you did for your recipe. Was this personal for you? Did you wish you had a cookie that would be healthy after your workout? Do you often use healthier substitutes for sweeteners/fats? What kinds? These types of things would be nice to know as a reader. A few pictures are blurred quality, and it would be helpful if they had captions so that we could know what is going on in each photo. It was a good idea to test your recipe a few times to get it right. Perhaps you could document more of your changes in pictures next time. I didn't get to taste them, but these seem like they would be delicious cookies!

Hi Peter,

I think you have a good base to your blog. You explained the idea you went with and gave the reasoning behind the idea. Also, the ingredients you used aligned with this idea and you described some of your failed attempts. The pictures are also beneficial and adds to the depth of your blog. I would have liked to read about your ideation process and how you settled on the healthy cookie idea. It would also be nice to mixed the pictures with text along with increase the amount of text by describing the whole process you went through in depth. Did you have any sketches showing your idea? These would be great to include in your blog! I didn't get to try your cookie, but it sounds good and is something I would be interested in making or buying!