Definition #4

A leader remains true to my previous definitions. However, although a leader should be prepared and the "rock" everyone can rely on, a little fear is not a bad thing as long as it is handled professionally. Fear is a great driving force when used carefully and sparingly.

References:
Kyle, D. T. (1998). "The sovereign: The power of presence." The Four Powers of Leadership: Presence, intention, wisdom, compassion (pp. 159 - 191). Deerfield Beach, FL: Health Communications Inc.

Last weeks entry: I still believe the last definition written remains true. However, I also believe that good leaders need a strong base of emotional and social intelligence in order to inspire those who work for them. You cannot be a good leader if you are ignorant to others basic emotional needs.

References:
Goleman, D., & Boyatzis, R. (2008). "Social intelligence and the biology of leadership." Harvard Business Review, 86(9), 74-81. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=keh&AN=33983120&site=ehost-live