test 2

blah

Amuse-Bouche

When first diving into this project, I knew right away that I wanted to work with gelatin. I also wanted to use the chemicals we were given in class, but unfortunately they spilled all over the inside of my backpack. So I sat down and drew out a map of what I thought would taste good with gelatin in the mix.

First I had to decide what kind of dish I wanted to make. I initially wanted to make something that wasn't a dessert because I wanted to make something different. Well salty gelatin just didn't sound right to me so I threw out that plan and decided to go with making a sweet dessert.

web.png

My list first started off with all fruity flavors, just because that's what I'm used to seeing in the grocery store. Then I thought about what else was next to the jellos in the store and remembered pudding. So I added chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate to the list. I thought it would be more creative to use gelatin with the chocolate flavors, so I did that first. I first tried using semi-sweet chocolate and mixed it with milk, whipping cream, and gelatin over heat. The semi-sweet chocolate wasn't sweet enough for me, so then I decided to use white chocolate because I never really use white chocolate in anything. On top of that, I had used too much gelatin and I wanted a bit more of a creamier consistency. After using the white chocolate, I realized I liked it a lot more because it was much sweeter! But just the white chocolate with gelatin mix wasn't doing it for me.

milk.jpg

So I decided to make it again. I wanted to add a little spice to the recipe. At this point I was a little low in funds so I had to get creative and just look in my spice drawer at home. I saw cinnamon and decided to add a small pinch of it to the recipe. I also wanted to make a sauce to give it a little sweet and tangy edge. I remembered my mom would make this raspberry and blueberry sauce for her desserts so I immediately wanted to make something like that. It was actually relatively easy to make. All it took was frozen blueberries and raspberries, sugar, and water. I wanted to add a bit more color so I added a mint leaf on top and I had my dessert!

sauce.jpg

Breakdown of how I prepared everything
Sauce
Took some frozen raspberries, blueberries, sugar, and water. Then boiled them for a tiny bit of time until they turned into a sauce.
(Something I learned while making the sauce... Don't leave it on the stove for too long or it'll taste burnt even though it may not look burnt)

White Chocolate Dessert
Took milk, heavy whipping cream, gelatin, water, cinnamon, and boiled those as well. Put them into little cups and then into the fridge to harden.

ingredients.jpgfinaldessert.jpg

Recent Assets

• finaldessert.jpg
  • ingredients.jpg
  • sauce.jpg
  • milk.jpg
  • web.png