Analysis: Bin Laden's Death Brought 9/11 'Closure'

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/28/world/bin-laden-death-anniversary/index.html?hpt=wo_c1

This story is a recap of major international news that happened one year ago. I imagine it must have been hard to write a story on the single biggest triumph for America in the last decade, but the writer did not fall short.

The story has a strong dramatic tone that compliments the content very well. It also creates a thorough picture of the United States after learning of Bin Laden's death. These elements take the writing beyond a hard news story.

My one negative critique is the length of the story. A story this long would be appropriate if the news just happened. As an anniversary piece, I think it is a little lengthy. However, the writer did a nice job of adding new information to avoid a mere carbon copy of a previous story.