Instant Identity: Blog #6

I really found the topic on "instant identity" among adolescents very interesting. It is something that should be researched because there is so much that goes on psychologically, emotionally, and sociologically in teens' minds. Such a topic can be research extensively and uncover many truths about how and why teens think and behave the way they do. For some reason, as we get older, we forget how we feel about certain things, our way of thinking, and our decision making processes that we had as teens. It becomes an area of curiosity among most adults, especially parents when they opt to better understand their children.

Continue reading "Instant Identity: Blog #6" »

Inaccurate Voting Machines: Blog Entry #5

As I am typing this blog, I am thinking about the topic that JOUR 4551 is currently on: the inaccuracy of electronic voting machines. It is an interesting topic due to its importance and significance of voting and elections in our country. What goes through my mind is the question, why? Why does this have to be an issue!! Who would have the lack of heart to hack into these machines and change votes? Seriously! I know that people can be greedy, but this is so extreme! Especially related to politics! I always thought that people have some decency and respect for others; not to mention for the whole system!

Continue reading "Inaccurate Voting Machines: Blog Entry #5" »

Blog entry #4 for JOUR 4551: Advertising

In the modern world we live in now; we are surrounded by all these logos and advertisements of big brand companies.

Because everyone grew up seeing these logos and advertisements every single day, we can't imagine life without them. They are a part of life for us. Something would seem completely off they disappear completely.

Is being so used to branding and advertising a good or bad thing?

Continue reading "Blog entry #4 for JOUR 4551: Advertising " »

JOUR 4551: Blog Entry #3: Internet Access for All

I've been thinking a lot about the topic on internet access since March 11's class. The discussion on the digital divide among people with access and knowledge of how to use the internet and those who don't interest me.
As a class, we discussed some options that can help close this divide. They include digital technology centers (community centers) where people can use and take classes, the concept of one laptop per child in public schools, and more.
In class, we were discussing about what move of action would be most effective in closing the divide; I think setting up wireless internet everywhere is the best action.

Continue reading "JOUR 4551: Blog Entry #3: Internet Access for All" »

Biased Outspoken Individuals

While writing this, I am thinking about people who have to voice their opinion about the way things are in our modern culture, relating to media of course. I have someone in mind: Andrew Keen.
I respect him on voicing his opinions via a book, but I think he goes a bit far.

Continue reading "Biased Outspoken Individuals" »

JOUR 4551 and Mass Media in General

The media is something that the public takes for granted. Since they grew up with it, their lives are surrounded by the media at a constant basis and many of them are not aware of it because they take it for granted. Without technology, life would not go on since we all depend on it to communicate, for our jobs, our economy, everything. Media is so vital to our society that we even study it in schools. JOUR 4551 studies this topic closely.

Continue reading "JOUR 4551 and Mass Media in General" »