Digital Focus Final Reflection

Digital re compositing pictures of Duluth and adding graffiti to them.
Photoshop.
Final printed size is 5x7(postcard size). I also printed 2 of the images in 8x10 as well.
I wanted to re composite photographs of Duluth into composition that don't belong. It is a pretty subtle change because the images look realistic even though they're different images put together. Then I added graffiti to each image to add to the idea even more of things that aren't supposed to be there. Each piece of graffiti is a tag of my last name almost as if to show that I was there. In each image the colors of the graffiti are reflected in the sky of the image somewhere in order to unify all the pieces. The issues I had with doing this project was finding images that would go well together and then messing with the contrast and saturation to make them look as though they belong together. Cutting out some of the objects was pretty difficult s well, Especially the trees. It takes a long time to select around all of the tiny branches in order to make it look realistic. I discovered that if I cut it out a little bit more rough, I could use the smudge tool to go back in and make it look more realistic and it cut down on the time i had to spend.
I didn't mind doing this project and I would do something like it again. I feel like my project turned out pretty successful. It developed a long way from the beginning through critiques and fixing things every week.
If I were to present this work to the public, I would like to keep them printed small almost as if they are postcards. This would encourage people to look at these pieces closer and notice the details.
If I were to expand this project further I would probably create more images by doing the same thing and maybe do even more compositing in each image. Maybe take it farther than just images from Duluth and take pictures from all over. I think this would make the pieces more interesting, because there's only so much to take pictures of in Duluth. Places like Minneapolis have a lot more to offer.