James Autobiography - Alicia Losier

James' autobiography was sort of a struggle for me to read. I felt like he works so hard at being a good writer, than information and substance get lost in all those words. Maybe it's just me, and my tendency to lose focus more easily, but I would read and read and then wonder what the heck he was just talking about! The only thing that did connect well for me was when he was at Alice's grave, - I can't remember when he would've written beast in the jungle, but if it were after her passing, I could see that influencing his writing in beast in the jungle.

I feel you on that one, as I am also constantly struggling with keeping my focus and tend to get distracted as easily as possible and reading this author's biography was hard for me. I love his work "In the heart of darkness" but something about his style is really not doing it for me as well.
Self