June 5 -Institute on the Environment Internship Deadline
The University of Minnesota Institute on the Environment is seeking a Communications Intern who can start work during July 2009 and stay on for the 2009-10 academic year. This is a part time paid internship that is open to current University of Minnesota students.
* Actively enrolled University of Minnesota undergraduate student
* Able to work 20-25 hours per week
* Excellent writing, editing, communication, organizational and people skills
* Strong interest in environmental issues
* Journalism, communications or creative writing majors with professional writing experience are preferred.
Assist the IonE communications team with a wide range of projects, which may include:
* Writing, editing or research for IonE’s Momentum magazine and other print communications such as ads, press releases, annual reports, etc.
* Writing, editing or research for all IonE Web sites and e-newsletters
* Interviewing environmental experts (off-camera) during video shoots
* Expanding IonE’s mailing and e-mail distribution list (i.e. finding new contacts, entering contact info in the database and mailing items as needed)
* Locating distribution outlets on/around campus for Momentum magazine and other print pieces, and delivering them in person
* Assisting with event planning and logistics
* Other communications or administrative duties for staff and faculty as needed
E-mail cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Eve Daniels by June 5, 2009.
You can learn more about the Institute and view the full job description online.