Dec. 4 - Deadline to apply for Campus U position with Universal Pictures
Universal Pictures is in search of a College Representative from your school to join our Campus U team. Campus U is a grassroots-marketing program comprised of student representatives at top campuses across the country dedicated to promoting and publicizing select Universal Pictures' feature film and home entertainment releases on their respective campuses.
The Campus U program for the 2009-2010 academic year will be in session from September - May. Every representative hired will have the opportunity to continue the internship until graduation. Each representative will be in direct communication with the Universal Pictures Marketing Team in LA via an extranet site, email, phone and fax.
The main goal of Campus U is to increase awareness for Universal Pictures' releases by creating and executing unique marketing campaigns.
A brief and general description of what will be required for each campaign:
- Create a marketing campaign for your campus - focusing on promotions and publicity
- Work with on-campus media to secure a film feature or review
- Work with on-campus media to secure promotional support
- Coordinate advance screenings for students
- Work closely with on-campus student and faculty groups
- Incorporate on-campus and nearby retailers
- Distribution of posters and promo items around campus
- Host themed activities and parties both on campus and in the surrounding area
- Carry out guerrilla marketing stunts to spread buzz
Representatives will be paid a monthly stipend while Campus U is in session. Reps will be responsible for weekly email updates and reports.
- Sophomore or Junior status as of Fall 2009. Seniors with only one semester left before graduation will not be considered.
- Advertising/Public Relations/Marketing/Communications students preferred
- A minimum of 10-15 hours per week to focus on Campus U
- Easy access to Internet, email, phone, fax and Fed Ex deliveries
No previous experience is necessary. All Representatives will work directly with Universal to gain an understanding of what is expected.
Please send resume to email@example.com by Friday, December 4.