February 24 - Welcome Week leader application deadline
As a Welcome Week Leader you will help current U of M students gain valuable leadership experience and will focus on providing a quality transitional experience for first-year students. Leaders will receive training throughout the spring on group facilitation, campus resources, and University expectations. As a Welcome Week Leader, students will have the chance to work with a partner during Welcome Week in facilitating group meetings and activities with a group of 25 first-year students.This is a volunteer position.
Being a Welcome Week Leader offers numerous incentives and benefits. Including:
- Being a recognized student leader on campus
- Developing pride and further a sense of belonging by representing the University of Minnesota
- Receiving training on topics such as: small group facilitation, University policies, and purposes of various organizations and services on campus
- Meeting student and faculty members of the campus community
- Being a resource and motivation to students transitioning to the University
Being a Welcome Week Leader is a great opportunity to strengthen leadership skills and meet new people at the University.
The WWL application is available online. Applications are due Wednesday, February 24, 2010.