Attend the Minnesota Newspaper Association Convention
Plan to attend the 2011 Minnesota Newspaper Association Convention Jan. 27-29.
The MNA Convention provides you with an opportunity to meet and network with industry professionals at the Sheraton Hotel South in Bloomington. The student registration fee is $20 and allows you to attend all sessions.
Event highlights include:
• "Great Story Ideas Hiding in Your Community. Finding stories using public data,
census information and legal notices" with Chris Ison
• "Hit a Home run with your Sports Coverage: Nuts and bolts, tips, tricks and hints for
sports coverage." Don Heinzman, moderator
• "Covering the Economy - How did we get here?" Insights from economic expert
• "The Online Comment Conundrum." Panel discussion with expert John Hatcher,
• "New Media, New Trends" with Andrew Ecklund
• Much more!
The SJMC will pay the $20 registration fee for the first 20 SJMC majors who submit a registration form and check for $20, payable to "University of Minnesota." After attending the event, bring in proof of attendance and we will return your check. If you do not demonstrate proof of attendance, your check will be cashed.
To request SJMC support to pay for the registration fee, please print and complete the registration form online and bring it to Ada Walton in room 115 Murphy Hall along with your check by noon Friday, January 21. We will process requests on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be a declared journalism major to be eligible.
To learn more visit the MNA website.