National Cancer Institute seeks applicants for health communication program
The National Cancer Institute is seeking applications for its Fall 2011 health communications internship programs.
Internships last six to 12 months and focus on either health communications or science writing. Health communications interns:
• Plan, develop and promote cancer education programs and materials for the public, cancer patients and health professionals
• Gain experience in pre-testing and evaluating cancer prevention and treatment messages, publications, materials and programs that reach the American public
Science writing applicants:
• Write fact sheets and press releases
• Answer inquiries from the press
• Attend and report on scientific meetings
• Write feature-length, creative articles on the latest advances in cancer research
To learn more, log onto http://hcip.nci.nih.gov/. Applications for fall term are due March 1.