The Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship honors Arab-American students who excel in Media Studies. To qualify, students must be Juniors, Seniors, or enrolled in graduate school for the 2011-2012 academic year. They must also major in Mass Communications, Journalism, Radio, Television, and/or Film, with a minimum 3.0 GPA and be a U.S. citizen of Arabic heritage
To apply, please submit the following items in hard copy form to the ADC Research Institute by April, 1, 2011:
- A one-page statement explaining your goals and why you merit the scholarship, and
stating that you are a U.S. citizen of Arabic heritage.
- Two original signed letters of recommendation from professors of Mass
- Copies of articles, videos, films or other relevant media that showcases your work
(these items will not be returned to you).
- Official academic transcripts, including your GPA.
- Your permanent home address, email address, phone number, and your
phone number during the school year, if different.
Submit all materials to:
Jack G. Shaheen Scholarship
ADC Research Institute (ADCRI)
1732 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20007
If you have any questions, call (202) 244-2990 or email email@example.com.
Awards will be announced and presented June 10, 2011, during ADC's National
Convention at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.